Mrs. Everett 5th Grade Math 105-205
Email address: email@example.com
***MULTIPLICATION FACTS SHOULD BE MASTERED – IF NOT –PLEASE REVIEW***
I hope the following info will be helpful to you and your child. If at any time you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email me. Your child’s learning is up to me, you and your child. I am looking forward to being a partner with you in your child’s 5th grade math education this year!
- I have a set that stays in the classroom and a set for check-out. Textbooks can be checked out overnight and MUST be returned the following day for student use. Textbook check-out will be done at the end of the day. Your child is responsible for the textbook until returned the following day. If the textbook is lost the student is responsible for the replacement at a cost of $67.97. The textbook should be checked in the following morning. If not returned the child will miss recess. If not returned for 5 days the child will lose check-out privileges. Typically, textbooks will not be needed to complete homework.
- Math book - stays in classroom
- Assignment, Pencil
Your child can take their assignment home every night. I encourage you to look over it with
your child. It is due the next day. Papers not turned in on the due date will receive a zero. If it is turned in at a later time, 20 points will be taken from original grade. Any daily assignment can be redone during encore for a possible 80%. It is your child’s responsibility to ask to redo the paper.
- Extra help is given during encore (recess).
- Quizzes (10 questions) will be taken during class over material covered. Your child will have one opportunity to correct missed questions and earn credit to original score. This must happen within three days from quiz date and during recess. The quiz will count as one test grade.
- MANDATORY ENCORE will be given if your child’s average falls at 64 or below and is assigned one week at a time during recess. It is designed to give the student additional help to raise their grade average.
- A/90-100 B/80-89 C/70-79 D/65-69 F/64 OR BELOW
- A weekly folder will be sent home with graded papers each week. This is an effort to keep you informed about your child’s progress. Please sign on the appropriate space and help your child remember to return the folder on Thursday to receive a ticket to put in the hopper for the bicycle drawing at the end of the year.
- When I am talking-you are not.
- Treat everyone and everything with RESPECT.
- Use good manners.
- NO BULLYING!
- If you have questions-ask! Thank you! Mrs. Everett J